It was a great time!
And the family reunion is already over again - too quickly as always. We had a very great weekend, and I would like to give thanks again to our committee, to all the volunteers which supported us so well and to the many many relatives which make this reunion so special.
Here is the link to the article in the NZZ: https://www.nzz.ch/panorama/familienfeier-im-xxl-festzelt-naeffs-laden-350-verwandte-ein-ld.1490784
And three more things:
- We would like to get your feedback about the reunion: What did you like? What not? Where do you see potential for improvement? What did you miss?
- Many of you took pictures during the reunion. Please send us your best pictures so that we can put them on this website accessible for everyone.
- Any family tree related requests will be addressed in the next few weeks (due to vacation). There will also be a family tree available for download and print
Last-minute information for the reunion
We are counting over 360 registered members! Here is some last-minute information for the reunion.
Will be updated when more information is available
Last update: Wednesday, June 19 10:00 am
- Map of Altstätten and the reunion grounds
- Get your name cards on arrival (See below: "Name Cards")
- Arrival by car: Park in the parking lot of the Stoss-train (see the parking lot on the map here). There is no access to the reunion grounds by private car!
- Please contact the committee if you need a special permit for access to the reunion grounds
How to get there:
- Stossbahn (train)
- Special train 10:52 am / 11:02 am / 11:18 am from the station "Altstätten Stadt" directly to the reunion grounds
- Regular Stossbahn Time table (Line Altstätten-Gais, stop "Alter Zoll", approximately 5min train ride from Altstätten)
- Time table leaving "Alter Zoll"
- The Stossbahn does not automatically stop at "Alter Zoll". A stop has to be requested by pressing the button on the train
- Shuttle bus
- A shuttle bus will be available on call (only Saturday)
- Available Saturday 10:00 am until about 11:00 pm
- By foot
- from the Stossbahn parking lot to the reunion grounds: about 1.5km, 30min, 130m height difference, via "Alte Stossstrasse"
- from the Stossbahn stop "Alter Zoll" to the reunion grounds: about 500m, 5min, mostly flat
- General rehearsal: Friday evening, 7:15pm, in the main tent of the reunion grounds
- We still need participants for the play! Just join the general rehearsal on Friday evening and we will find a space for you. Or talk to a member of the committee on Saturday by 4pm. There are silent roles as well! ;)
- You can find the reunion program here
- There will be a "Volunteer Corner" in the main tent. A plan will show your assigned tasks (where, when, with whom...)
- Please help us out! Visit the "Volunteer Corner" to take on a spontaneous task - any help is appreciated!
- You can pick up your name card on Saturday after 8.30am in front of/in the courtyard of the Prestegg house. If it rains this will probably be relocated inside the Prestegg or the museum.
- After the departure of the Stoss-train (shortly before 11am) the name card pickup location will be moved to the tent on the reunion grounds
- You can register yourself or accompanying family members at the name card pickup location on Saturday as well
- For all last-minute registrations, it is important to read the "Payment" information below.
- We still did not receive the payment from some participants. Please do not send the fee via our bank accounts after Monday, June 17. Otherwise we might not be able to verify your payment.
- If the wire transfer did not get through - or if you registered late or at the reunion - you can pay on arrival at the name card pickup location. Please bring the exact amount in cash if possible!
- The start is at about 08:30 am from the Prestegg at the name card pickup location.
- If needed, there will be two groups for the town tour.
- To make it easier to recognize the committee members
- we will wear light gray T-Shirts with a blue Naeffen-emblem
- our name cards will be printed on light yellow colored paper
Other things in the reunion tent:
- There will be a laptop computer where you can see and edit your personal details on the online-familytree.
- You can order DVDs of previous reunions
Family tree printing:
Starting June 1st we began with the printing of the family tree. This means that changes after June 1st might not be visible on the printed family tree in the reunion tent (we will watch for additional changes and include them when possible).
We still have a few reunion registration payments pending. Please make sure you can complete the payment as soon as possible (or let us know if you can not participate) - it might take a few days to show up in our account and we might not have the possibility to verify late payments during the reunion. See here for payment instructions. We also offer financial assistance if needed.
Many Thanks for all the Registrations
The date of the next Naeffen family reunion is coming closer! We now have over 260 people that registered in the online family tree for the reunion (this includes all postal/e-mail registrations which we entered in the family tree).
To everyone that has already registered for the reunion:
- If you have already paid the fee and requested a confirmation: We ask for some patience, the confirmation will follow...
To everyone that would like to register:
Our deadline was April 20... but please register in the next few days if possible. The more the merrier! You will find all information here.
Do you need more information about the reunion?
Please visit this site (or our Facebook group). We will publish information there whenever something needs to be communicated.
In order for the celebration to go smoothly and stay affordable we need your help:
With best regards,
Important registration information
A few important items for people who are going to register and people who have finished the registration already:
Selecting members for the registration:
If a member you are registering is already in our family tree database, please use the "Search and select" field under "Add Participant from Database" to select the member (in the very fist step of the registration). We are using the member information to print the name cards and such. Only use "Add Participant manually" if you are registering someone that is not in the database.
Please review your registration here: https://stammbaum.naeffenfest.ch/anmeldung/participants_simple.php
As person performing the registration:
The person which is logged in to the family tree is automatically a participant on the registration form (responsible for the registration and can not be removed). If you are the one doing the registration, please log in with your own account.
Thank you for everyone that already registered.
Over 100 Registrations
Thank you very much for all the ones which already registered for the upcoming family reunion. We now have over 100 people which registered through the online family tree and there are many more which registered by mail or filled out the registration form and sent it in by e-mail.
Please try to have completed your registration in about 3 weeks (by April 20th) to simplify the reunion planning for us.
I hope that we can again like in the past years reach the number of over 300 reunion participants!
Wine tasting at Schloss Grünenstein
This year, in addition to the free drink reception on Schloss Grünenstein, we offer the possibility for a wine tasting with a visit to the vineyard and the newly opened Torkel and where the wine is pressed and stored. The cost of the tasting (Fr. 14.-) must be paid directly on site. Please mark the appropriate fields on the registration if you would like to participate in the drink reception and/or wine tasting.